Top 10 Tips For Healthy Summer Snacking (AKA Avoiding Bad Summer Snacking)
With Covid-19 and perhaps a second round, we are all stir-crazy at home and eating up a storm. Here are my tips for healthy snacking, or at the very least avoiding bad snacking! For the full fun effect, watch the vid!
1. Plan ahead with your fav veggies: cut up red peppers, carrots, celery sticks in advance. Or make edamame!
2. Stock up on fruit
3. Have fruit front and center in the fridge for easy access.
4. Hide peanuts (or your favorite fatty snack!)
5. Sign up for my August 8th Jumpstart Your Plantbased Life Class: ElysabethAlfano.com/Recipes
6. List out other snacks on your shopping list to make sure you have them around: olives, dried jackfruit, dates are some of my favs.
7. Cucumber and hummus. Always a go-to!
8. Airpoped popcorn with Bragg’s Amino Acid and Nutritional Yeast.
9. Plan a walk during your most snacky times.
10. Go to my elysabethlafano.com/recipes 5 Day Plantbased Plan for more ideas.
11. Salt and Pepper It’s Jerky Y’all Jerky with its clean, few ingredients, Non-GMO label. I am all about it.
The Elysabeth Alfano Show The Elysabeth Alfano Show airs every Sunday 4p ET live on the WCGO-Chicago, WCGORadio.com, The Smart Talk Radio Network, The JaneUnChained News Network, Vegan Magazine and Alexa. To hear more of The Elysabeth Alfano Show, click here. And please help us make the first and only syndicated plant-based radio show in the nation a huge success! Tell YOUR local station to pick up The Elysabeth Alfano, available across the nation through the Smart Talk Radio Network or by contacting Elysabeth at Elysabeth@ElysabethAlfano.com.
SUBSCRIBE to The Elysabeth Alfano Show on iTunes and to my Youtube Channel, Elysabeth Alfano. Be sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter so you never miss a Facebook Live interview session or live cooking demos. Plus, don’t forget to stay in touch on Instagram and Twitter.