Are you struggling with diabetes and need more effective ways for managing your blood sugar? Authors of Mastering Diabetes, Robby Barbaro and Cyrus Khambatta, have you covered. In their recent interview with me, they shared their top ten tips for managing blood sugar that makes knowing what to eat and what not to eat simple.
Here are Cyrus and Robby’s top ten tips for managing blood sugar:
1. Limit the amount of saturated fat in your diet.
2. You have to be aware of the amount of unsaturated fat you’re consuming.
3. Your best friend is fresh fruit.
4. Eat starchy vegetables like potatoes, yams and sweet potatoes.
5. Consume legumes like beans, lentils, and peas.
6. Eat a lot of whole grains like quinoa and brown rice.
7. Do simple movements and start to walk more and consistently increase it as you gain confidence and find exercises you enjoy.
8. Get sleep. Finish dinner early so you can get to bed early and get 8 hours of sleep a night.
9. Try to eat on the earlier side. Don’t eat right before you go to bed.
10. Cook your own food.
SUBSCRIBE to The Elysabeth Alfano Show on iTunes and to my Youtube Channel, Elysabeth Alfano. Be sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter so you never miss a Facebook Live interview session or live cooking demos. Plus, don’t forget to stay in touch on Instagram and Twitter.