Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos!! Back to school? Oh, please! I got you! I am back in my school uniform to prove it. Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos are the PERFECT after-school snack or easy dinner option. Just watch, my friends. Anyone can do it! Even starving kids who come from school ready to raid the fridge…it’s as easy as assembly (hall).
Corn Tortilla (I prefer the ones which have the ingredients of corn and salt only.)
1 Can Black Beans
1.5 Sweet Potatoes
1 Ear of Corn (optional)
Favorite Hot Sauce
1 Green Onion
Handful of Italian (or any kind of) Parsley
1. Place sweet potatoes with skin in a toaster oven and cook at 375 for 50 minutes. Fine to do this the day before and re-warm. Once ready, take out and slice, keeping the skin.
2. Meanwhile, drain black beans. Place in a pot. Generously add tajin to taste. Set aside.
3. Shuck corn and either lightly boil entire ear and then cut off kernels or cut off the corn kernels first, and place them in a frying pan of a THIN 1/8 layer of boiling/steam hot water (or just use olive oil). Pan flash-cook, 30 seconds on each side. Take off heat.
4. Cut an avocado longways down the middle and cube half.
5. Rinse, chop 1 green onion, both top and bottom.
6. Rinse, chop parsley
7. Place 3-4 corn tortillas in a toaster over on toast.
8. Assemble! Place tortillas on a plate. Add hot sauce (or try this great, fresh, salsa with a twist), sliced sweet potato, spiced beans with tajine, corn (optional – but good! and same with avocado), parsley and green onions.
Wonderful as an after school snack, particularly if sweet potato is already made. Kids can just assemble potato, beans and greens! This recipe is also great as a simple dinner meal and is fun for everyone to assemble their own.
Yummy! Tasty! Simple! Fast! Nutritous! and Fun! What more could you ask for?!
Avocado not pictured.
SUBSCRIBE to Awesome Vegans with Elysabeth Alfano on iTunes and on my Youtube Channel, Elysabeth Alfano. And be sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to never miss a Facebook Live interview session or live cooking demos.