Veggie Souffle! You didn’t think it was possible without egg? Think again!
This recipe is SO simple, so quick and so tasty. Most of all it is really light, truly mimicking the taste and texture and consistency of a souffle made with eggs…except you don’t have to suffer through eating eggs.
1. Pack of firm tofu, drained with excess water pushed out by pressing down on it with papertowels.
2. 3 TBSP of Nutritional Yeast
3. 3 TBSP of Red Pepper Hummus or 3 TBSP Regular Hummas and 1 TBSP Siracha* or teriyaki**
A. sundried tomatoes, olives, onions and spinach
B. onions, garlic, green, peppers and mushrooms, with a bit of tomato*
C. Potatoes, scallions, zucchini**
D. Whatever you have that is about to go bad
6. 1/4 cup Mushroom Broth
1. In a hot pan, pour in mushroom broth and simmer veggies. Salt and Pepper to taste
2. In a food processor/blendor mix hummus, nutirional yeast, tofu and salt/pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix #1 and #2.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350
5. Spoon in mixture to small ramakin, to the top.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool. Eat warm.
So very good! So very easy!
Be sure to signs up for my newsletter here to never miss a recipe!
SUBSCRIBE to The Elysabeth Alfano Show on iTunes and to my Youtube Channel, Elysabeth Alfano. Be sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter so you never miss a Facebook Live interview session or live cooking demos. Plus, don’t forget to stay in touch on Instagram and Twitter.
And tune in to the The Elysabeth Alfano Show for tips for the nation’s best plant-based doctors on the segment The Doctor is Dialed In! The Elysabeth Alfano Show airs every Sunday 4p ET live on the WCGO-Chicago, WCGORadio.com, The Smart Talk Radio Network, The JaneUnChained News Network and Alexa. To hear more of The Elysabeth Alfano Show, click here. And please help us make the first and only syndicated plant-based radio show in the nation a huge success! Tell YOUR local station to pick up The Elysabeth Alfano, available across the nation through the Smart Talk Radio Network or by contacting Elysabeth at Elysabeth@ElysabethAlfano.com.